Research Project Description
Water Power Program Office
Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
U.S. Department of Energy
Reference Number: STP-WPP-2014-GEN-1500
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Science and Technology Policy (STP) Fellowships serve as a next step in the educational and professional development of leaders in energy efficiency and renewable energy policy. The EERE STP Fellowships provide an opportunity for highly talented scientists and engineers to participate in policy-related projects at DOE's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy in Washington, D.C.
EERE STP Fellows apply the expertise gained from their education and history of conducting research to new and ongoing EERE initiatives.
The Water Power Program researches, tests, evaluates, and develops innovative technologies capable of generating renewable, environmentally responsible, and cost-effective electricity from water resources. This includes hydropower as well as marine and hydrokinetic energy technologies.
Three levels of fellowships; Senior Fellows, Fellows and Junior Fellows, provide opportunities to a range of experience levels from recent graduates to experienced scientists and engineers to participate in the program. All Fellows will be provided the opportunity to participate in policy-related projects and be mentored by senior EERE staff.
The EERE STP Fellowships are administered by the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) in collaboration with EERE. ORISE is responsible for the implementation of the fellowship program, processing applications, the review and notification processes, and management of payments to Fellows.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL:
- Have a superior academic performance and publication record.
- Have strong analytical, research and communication (oral and written) skills and demonstrated capacity for creative thinking.
- Have a strong technical background and expertise in an energy-technology-related field.
- Be interested in being part of a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced environment, focused on energy technology research and development.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Applicants enrolled in a graduate program at the time of application may not begin the Fellowship until all degree obligations have been met.
- Applicants holding a postdoctoral/employment position at the time of application must rescind from all employment or affiliation commitments before the beginning of the Fellowship.
- This will be an equal opportunity program open to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or covered veteran's status.
- Applications are accepted until position is filled.
WPP STP Fellows: Applicants selected as a Water Power Program STP Fellow will be a member of the WPP and carry out activities critical to WPP’s technology mission. The Fellow will participate in technology management within a designated WPP program. For more information about the WPP, visit http://energy.gov/eere/renewables/water
HOW TO APPLY:
An application may be found at: http://energy.gov/eere/education/energy-efficiency-and-renewable-energy-science-and-technology-policy-fellowships.
Please reference Project #: STP-WPP-2014-GEN-1500 in your application and when calling or writing for information.
More information about the Science and Technology Policy Fellowships is available at: