Research Project Description
The Computational Data Analytics Research Group (CDAG) at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) has multiple openings for Graduate Interns in the field of Data Analytics.
Staff in CDAG conducts innovative basic and applied computer science research on challenges of national interest. Our main research objective is to make sense of very large sets of data (commonly referred to as "Big Data"). Our research interests include large-scale data analytics and architectures. The research topics include Machine Learning, Text Analytics, Graph Analytics, Visual Analytics to Map Reduce, noSQL Databases, Distributed computing, Cloud computing, and GPGPU computing. ORNL has a broad range of data scientists that use our analytics tools and advanced architectures to quickly find value in very large data sets.
More information on the CDA Group may be found at http://cda.ornl.gov/
Current Research Opportunities
- Post-Doctoral Researcher, Materials Science and Engineering
- Post-Doctoral Researcher–Materials Science & Engineering, Fatigue/Fracture Behavior
- Fluidization Experimentalist (2 positions will be filled)
- Post-Doctoral Researcher – Molecular Simulations - CO2 Capture Materials
- EPA Urban Waters and Urban Waters Federal Partnership