Research Project Description
The Computational Data Analytics Research Group (CDAG) at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) has multiple openings for Graduate Interns in the field of Data Analytics.
Staff in CDAG conducts innovative basic and applied computer science research on challenges of national interest. Our main research objective is to make sense of very large sets of data (commonly referred to as "Big Data"). Our research interests include large-scale data analytics and architectures. The research topics include Machine Learning, Text Analytics, Graph Analytics, Visual Analytics to Map Reduce, noSQL Databases, Distributed computing, Cloud computing, and GPGPU computing. ORNL has a broad range of data scientists that use our analytics tools and advanced architectures to quickly find value in very large data sets.
More information on the CDA Group may be found at http://cda.ornl.gov/
Current Research Opportunities
- Water Quality Standards and Feasibility Studies
- Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Modeling of Disinfection Byproducts
- Agricultural Nonpoint Source Pollution Internship
- Relationships Between Environmental Exposures and the Health and Well-being of Vulnerable Groups
- Making a Difference with Community Environmental Public Health Decision Support Tools