Research Project Description
EERE Postdoctoral Research Awards
The objective of the EERE Postdoctoral Research Awards is to create the next generation of scientific leaders in energy efficiency and renewable energy by attracting the best scientists and engineers to pursue breakthrough technologies in a highly prestigious postdoctoral research program. To meet this objective, EERE Participants will have access to unique education and training opportunities, top scientists in their field, and state-of-the-art projects and equipment. As a result, innovative technologies will be developed that will have a real impact on the economy by providing energy efficient and affordable technologies; in the environment by providing clean energy technologies; and in the quality of life for all Americans by enhancing their energy choices.
- Solar Energy Technologies
- Yearly Stipend
- Research and Travel Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Relocation Travel
- Two Years of Support
Applications are now available at http://www1.eere.energy.gov/education/postdoctoral/. The application deadline is April 30, 2014.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Ph.D. for no more than five years from the application deadline or be expected to complete all the doctoral requirements by May 31, 2014.
- Have a U.S. citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) status by April 30, 2014.
- Be available to start by September 1, 2014. Exceptions to this requirement may be considered for applicants with previous commitments. Contact ORISE for additional information.
- Have received support to submit an application from a research mentor who holds a principal investigator position at a research facility.
- Be eligible to obtain security or visitation clearance, if one is required by the host facility.
- Have demonstrated commitment to pursue innovative research in EERE areas of interest.
- Have a superior academic record.
Please email EEREpostdocs@orise.orau.gov with any questions you may have.
How to Apply:
To apply, go to http://www1.eere.energy.gov/education/postdoctoral/index.html to find the application components, application form, research mentor letter of support form, and other pertinent information. The application deadline is April 30, 2014.
Current Research Opportunities
- Water Quality Standards and Feasibility Studies
- National Permit Discharge Elimination System Permitting
- Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Modeling of Disinfection Byproducts
- Agricultural Nonpoint Source Pollution Internship
- Making a Difference with Community Environmental Public Health Decision Support Tools