Research Project Description
Center-wide Training Development Fellowship
Office of Executive Programs
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Silver Spring, MD
A fellowship opportunity is currently available in the Division of Learning and Organizational Development (DLOD) of the Office of Executive Programs within the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
CDER is facing an approximate 20 percent increase in new staff over the next three years, with an associated increased requirement for training. To train new staff effectively and efficiently, DLOD needs to evaluate and identify training technologies that would allow for increased access to training at a reasonable cost – and identify ways to design, develop and implement the training using those technologies within the existing budget and IT constraints. The selected participant may be involved in the following activities:
- Reviewing existing Center-wide training to determine whether or not alternative modes (synchronous and asynchronous forms) of training delivery are feasible to provide increased access to training.
- Researching and recommending alternative modes of training delivery feasible within CDER’s training requirements and budget/IT constraints.
- Designing and developing alternative methods for training design, development, implementation and evaluation of existing Center-wide training.
- Researching and recommending evaluation processes for identified alternative modes.
The Research Participation Program for FDA is administered by the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE). The initial appointment is for one year, but may be renewed upon recommendation of FDA contingent on the availability of funds. The participant will receive a monthly stipend depending on educational level and experience. The participant must show proof of health insurance. The appointment is full-time at FDA in the Silver Spring, Maryland, area. Participants do not become employees of FDA or the program administrator, and there are no fringe benefits paid.
A Master’s degree in educational technology, instructional design/media or a similar field received within the last five years. Students currently enrolled in a Master’s program in the designated fields are also encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please send a current CV/resume to the attention of FDArpp@orau.org. Please reference FDA-CDER-2013-0023 in all communications.
Current Research Opportunities
- Matlab/Simulink Vehicle Simulation and Analysis
- Embedded Hardware and Software Design For In-Vehicle Data Acquisition
- Transportation Greenhouse Gas Data and Public Information
- Understanding the Influence of Water Technology Clusters and Cluster Organizations
- Sustainable Materials Research – Long-term Fate of Lead Enriched Waste Streams