Research Project Description
Higher Education Research Experiences - Faculty
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
Oak Ridge, TN
Higher Education Research Experiences at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (HERE at ORNL) provides research opportunities and associated activities for participants at all levels, beginning the term before college entrance through thesis/dissertation research, and higher education faculty.
Faculty have the opportunity to collaborate with ORNL researchers and contribute to the Laboratory mission.
Participants in HERE at ORNL will be funded by the programmatic funds of the ORNL host research divisions or through funding provided by institutions of higher education.
General Benefits for Faculty Research Participation appointments include:
- Stipend, based on academic salary
- One round trip between home or school and ORNL
- Possible dislocation allowance
- February 1 for summer participation (suggested)
- On-going for sabbatical or semester appointment
- Applications are accepted at any time.
- 10 week summer appointment
- 6–12 month sabbatical appointment
- Academic semester appointment
- Extensions on case by case basis
- Part time appointments
- Based on academic salary
- Pro-rated for part time appointments
- Applicant must be a member of the full-time teaching or non-teaching faculty at an accredited U.S. institution of higher education in a STEM field or related discipline.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPRs are subject to DOE clearance approval for laboratory entry) - verification required.
Applicant must be at least 18 years old prior to the start of the appointment.
Applicant must hold an advanced degree - verification required.
Applicant must provide proof of medical insurance - verification required.
How to Apply:
Complete Profile, HERE Faculty Application, Two Academic/Professional References, and Certification of Salary Form in the TOppS system.