Looking for the latest news about the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)? The ORISE Media Center offers an extensive collection of media resources, including news releases, photos, media contacts, links to ORISE publications, background information and videos.
Number of undergraduate health physics degrees dropped in 2015 to lowest level in more than a decade
August 3, 2016 - The number of undergraduate students who graduated in 2015 with bachelor’s degrees in health physics dropped to the lowest level in more than a decade, while the number of master’s and doctorate degrees increased. This is according to the latest annual study conducted by the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, which surveyed 22 health physics programs, representing nearly all such programs at the nation’s universities.
June 9, 2016 - Teachers representing 10 states, District of Columbia will apply classroom experience to federal Congressional and Executive branch offices
May 23, 2016 - After briefly declining in 2014 following five straight years of continual increases, the number of college students graduating with majors in nuclear engineering has rebounded.
April 19, 2016 - ORISE, a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) institute, is seeking Ph.D. researchers for a paid, two-year fellowship through the DOE's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE).
March 16, 2016 - The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education’s Facilities and Transportation Department office building, managed by ORAU, has earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR® certification.
Follow ORISE on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr
Stay in the know about ORISE news and happenings by following us on various social media outlets.
Twitter: Follow us at http://twitter.com/ORISEConnect or add us to your follow list using @ORISEConnect.
Facebook: You can keep up with the latest ORISE news on Facebook. Be sure to click the “Like” button when you visit ORISE on Facebook.
YouTube: Check out our video collection, share them with friends, or leave comments on ones you like on the ORISE YouTube channel.
Flickr: Browse a collection of ORISE event and program photos that are available for viewing on the ORAU-ORISE Flickr gallery. Please note that if you republish these images, credit must be given to the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education.
ORISE Fact Sheets
- ORISE Fact Sheet (PDF, 430 KB)
- Environmental Assessments and Health Physics Fact Sheet (PDF, 866 KB)
- Health Communication Fact Sheet (PDF, 340 KB)
- National Security and Emergency Management Fact Sheet (PDF, 600 KB)
- Science Education Fact Sheet (PDF, 325 KB)
- Scientific Peer Review Fact Sheet (PDF, 270 KB)
- Worker Health Studies Fact Sheet (PDF, 315 KB)
Communications Specialist, Communications
ORISE in the News
- Nuclear’s future still hard to interpret (Knoxnews.com Apr 9 2014)
- Tick Disease Expert (Tennessee Alumnus Magazine April 2014)
- ORAU-managed beryllium lab has zero test errors in 2013 (Oak Ridge Today Apr 8 2014)
- Mixed bag on future health physicists (KnoxBlogs.com Apr 6 2014)
- Error free in 2013 (KnoxBlogs.com Apr 6 2014)
- ORAU PeerNet used to support DOE’s Enrico Fermi Award selection (Oak Ridge Today Feb 16 2014)
- ORAU PeerNet® used to support DOE’s Office of Science Enrico Fermi Award selection (Yahoo! Finance Feb 5 2014)