Looking for the latest news about the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)? The ORISE Media Center offers an extensive collection of media resources, including news releases, photos, media contacts, links to ORISE publications, background information and videos.
July 21, 2015 - Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education and Fayetteville State University (FSU) recently signed an agreement under the U.S. Department of Energy’s Mentor-Protégé Program supporting a two-year mentoring relationship.
July 14, 2015 - The College of American Pathologists, or CAP, has accredited the ORISE beryllium laboratory in Oak Ridge for the third time since the laboratory’s first accreditation in 2009.
June 25, 2015 - The total number of degrees awarded to students graduating with majors in health physics has declined across undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs for the first time in four years.
May 27, 2015 - After a recent onsite evaluation, the Department of Energy (DOE) named the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) a Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star site for the 11th consecutive year. contractor sites.
May 21, 2015 - Adayabalam Balajee, Ph.D., has been named the director of the Cytogenetic Biodosimetry Laboratory (CBL), which is operated as part of the Radiation Emergency Assistance Center/Training Site (REAC/TS).
Applications being accepted for internships and research opportunities with Oak Ridge Office of Environmental Management Program
May 12, 2015 - The U.S. Department of Energy's Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) currently is seeking college students and recent graduates for paid internships and research opportunities in Oak Ridge.
March 6, 2015 - Nicholas Dainiak, M.D., F.A.C.P., has been named director of the Radiation Emergency Assistance Center/Training Site (REAC/TS) at the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education.
Follow ORISE on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr
Stay in the know about ORISE news and happenings by following us on various social media outlets.
Twitter: Follow us at http://twitter.com/ORISEConnect or add us to your follow list using @ORISEConnect.
Facebook: You can keep up with the latest ORISE news on Facebook. Be sure to click the “Like” button when you visit ORISE on Facebook.
YouTube: Check out our video collection, share them with friends, or leave comments on ones you like on the ORISE YouTube channel.
Flickr: Browse a collection of ORISE event and program photos that are available for viewing on the ORAU-ORISE Flickr gallery. Please note that if you republish these images, credit must be given to the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education.
ORISE Fact Sheets
- ORISE Fact Sheet (PDF, 430 KB)
- Environmental Assessments and Health Physics Fact Sheet (PDF, 866 KB)
- Health Communication Fact Sheet (PDF, 340 KB)
- National Security and Emergency Management Fact Sheet (PDF, 600 KB)
- Radiation Emergency Medicine Fact Sheet (PDF, 400 KB)
- Science Education Fact Sheet (PDF, 325 KB)
- Scientific Peer Review Fact Sheet (PDF, 270 KB)
- Worker Health Studies Fact Sheet (PDF, 315 KB)
Communications Specialist, Communications
ORISE in the News
- Nuclear’s future still hard to interpret (Knoxnews.com Apr 9 2014)
- Tick Disease Expert (Tennessee Alumnus Magazine April 2014)
- ORAU-managed beryllium lab has zero test errors in 2013 (Oak Ridge Today Apr 8 2014)
- Mixed bag on future health physicists (KnoxBlogs.com Apr 6 2014)
- Error free in 2013 (KnoxBlogs.com Apr 6 2014)
- ORAU PeerNet used to support DOE’s Enrico Fermi Award selection (Oak Ridge Today Feb 16 2014)
- ORAU PeerNet® used to support DOE’s Office of Science Enrico Fermi Award selection (Yahoo! Finance Feb 5 2014)