Looking for the latest news about the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)? The ORISE Media Center offers an extensive collection of media resources, including news releases, photos, media contacts, links to ORISE publications, background information and videos.
Oct. 14, 2014 - Dr. Carol J. Iddins has been named associate director of the Radiation Emergency Assistance Center/Training Site (REAC/TS).
ORAU-managed ORISE given ‘Legacy of Stars’ award from U.S. Department of Energy for outstanding safety and health performance
Sept. 11, 2014 - The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, which is managed by ORAU for the U.S. Department of Energy, has been given a 2014 Legacy of Stars award.
Sept. 2, 2014 - Ann Gehl, with nearly 30 years of medical technology and laboratory experience, will become the manager of the Beryllium Lymphocyte Proliferation Laboratory. ORAU manages the lab for the Department of Energy.
Aug. 5, 2014 - Wounded veteran Joseph Grabianowski is part of EERE’s Advanced Manufacturing Internship designed to provide accelerated, hands-on career training for veterans and others to prepare them to immediately enter the advanced manufacturing workforce.
Follow ORISE on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr
Stay in the know about ORISE news and happenings by following us on various social media outlets.
Twitter: Follow us at http://twitter.com/ORISEConnect or add us to your follow list using @ORISEConnect.
Facebook: You can keep up with the latest ORISE news on Facebook. Be sure to click the “Like” button when you visit ORISE on Facebook.
YouTube: Check out our video collection, share them with friends, or leave comments on ones you like on the ORISE YouTube channel.
Flickr: Browse a collection of ORISE event and program photos that are available for viewing on the ORAU-ORISE Flickr gallery. Please note that if you republish these images, credit must be given to the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education.
ORISE Fact Sheets
- ORISE Fact Sheet (PDF, 430 KB)
- Environmental Assessments and Health Physics Fact Sheet (PDF, 866 KB)
- Health Communication Fact Sheet (PDF, 340 KB)
- National Security and Emergency Management Fact Sheet (PDF, 600 KB)
- Radiation Emergency Medicine Fact Sheet (PDF, 400 KB)
- Science Education Fact Sheet (PDF, 325 KB)
- Scientific Peer Review Fact Sheet (PDF, 270 KB)
- Worker Health Studies Fact Sheet (PDF, 315 KB)
Communications Specialist, Communications
ORISE in the News
- Nuclear’s future still hard to interpret (Knoxnews.com Apr 9 2014)
- Tick Disease Expert (Tennessee Alumnus Magazine April 2014)
- ORAU-managed beryllium lab has zero test errors in 2013 (Oak Ridge Today Apr 8 2014)
- Mixed bag on future health physicists (KnoxBlogs.com Apr 6 2014)
- Error free in 2013 (KnoxBlogs.com Apr 6 2014)
- ORAU PeerNet used to support DOE’s Enrico Fermi Award selection (Oak Ridge Today Feb 16 2014)
- ORAU PeerNet® used to support DOE’s Office of Science Enrico Fermi Award selection (Yahoo! Finance Feb 5 2014)