How ORISE is making a difference in global health
Where we’re training...
ORISE is helping train health care providers across the U.S. and around the world. View the map (PDF, 198 KB) to see how we’re making a difference in health communication training.
Health Communication and Training
The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) collaborates with federal, state and local agencies to provide health communication and technical training programs to benefit industry professionals and the public.
ORISE works closely with these agencies to prepare for and address public health challenges resulting from pandemics (such as H1N1 influenza virus), large-scale disasters, terrorism and other national and international emergencies. We specifically focus our efforts on health communication planning, international and community workshops, media monitoring and social media messaging.
ORISE also specializes in audience- and multimedia-based approaches to health communication. These methods broaden the scope and reach of messages that address public health challenges, such as the spread of infectious diseases, chronic diseases, and other health threats.
How ORISE is Making a Difference
- ORAU Assists CDC in National HPV Immunization Campaign
- NHSPI™ Provides a Snapshot of Health Security Preparedness
- Nurse Triage Lines Support
- Virtual Community Reception Center
- Radiation Emergency Preparedness Conference
- Travelers’ Health Campaign
- Pandemic Flu Toolkits
- Radiological Terrorism Toolkit
- HealthCommWorks Communication Tool
- Hospital All-Hazards Self-Assessment
- Medical Office Preparedness Planner
- Community Assessment Tool
- Consumer Health Resource Information Service (CHRIS) Guide
- Equal Access Initiative
- NLM HIV/AIDS Resources
- Spanish HIV/AIDS Manual
- How to Find Reliable HIV/AIDS Treatment Information on the Internet
- Population Monitoring Guide
- Radiological Terrorism Mass Casualties
- Education in Palliative and End-of-Life
Care for Oncology (EPEC™-O)
ORAU and its partner Mediassociates made extensive use of digital media advertisements on targeted websites and social media channels to assist the CDC in its national HPV immunization campaign.
ORISE partnered with the CDC to launch HealthCommWorks, which is designed to help health communication professionals develop and disseminate effective messages.