Instructional Designer 3
PURPOSE: Utilizes the principles of adult learning theory and systematic processes to create engaging, interactive, and media-rich online training solutions. Designs and develops high-quality instructional and communications materials, job aids, courses, etc., on health, safety and emergency preparedness topics. Designs new applications of technology or execute projects that extend usefulness of work into the future, improve efficiency, and extend eLearning potential. Actively seeks out new information, development tools, and expanded understanding of learning applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Designs and develops content for traditional and eLearning courses and training activities that use a variety of online technologies. Understands and acts on commonly accepted eLearning theory and uses systematic approach (e.g., ADDIE, ISD) to develop training and communication materials.
* Conducts needs/job/task analysis to determine content of training programs, training support materials, and appropriate design strategy. Interacts with customers to determine project scope, requirements, and other production-related issues. Utilizes results of the analysis to design procedural or instructional content.
* Develops procedural or instructional materials (i.e., job aids, activities, scenarios) on appropriate levels for various target audiences.
* Evaluates training programs, courses, and materials using quality and customer standards. Analyzes training programs by examining learner's satisfaction levels, proficiency testing, and job performance. Conducts quality assurance reviews on products. Develops testing plans and procedures for both traditional training and eLearning programs.
* Communicates the design to customer and the multidisciplinary development team (e.g., writers, programmers, artists, web designers, etc.) Proactively identifies risks and responds to obstacles with solution-focused recommendations. May serve as project lead for some instructional design and implementation projects.
* Facilitates training, presentations, or development meetings.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education, or Curriculum Development with five years experience. Equivalent education/experience acceptable for education/experience requirements. Must have in-depth knowledge of systematic training development approach and eLearning theory, with strong/proven instructional assessment, design, development, and evaluation skills. Must have strong instructional media and technology development background. Must have user interface design skills and proven experience in designing and developing eLearning programs and tools and experience designing programs that utilize industry standard eLearning development tools. Must have strong presentation, communication skills, collaboration and teamworking skills. Must have excellent writing skills and be able to write clear and concise text on appropriate level for target audience. Must have ability to analyze and simplify complex processes to design learning activities and excellent computer skills and knowledge of business software applications, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe. Bilingual (Spanish) speaking and writing desired. Must be able to travel occasionally.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org